Monday, December 22, 2008

Camels and Jolly Ranchers



  • I find myself consuming Jolly Ranchers at a truly alarming rate.

  • My definition of "clean" differs significantly than that of my laborers, in relation to personal hygiene.

  • Sunsets in Iraq are the most vivid I have seen, as anyone who has been here can certainly attest to.

  • Whilst getting mortared and rocketed, I prefer the relative safety of Hesco barriers to T-walls.

  • Extremists aside, people are basically the same. Everywhere.

  • I find myself longing to be with those inside the black, armored SUV's. Perhaps in another life.

  • What is it with guys named "Al" trying to steal elections?
  • To those not familiar with the english language, "too much" can be used to describe virtually anything. Such as when I pointed out a young, army female to one of my Iraqi workers....he emphatically shook his head, declaring "No, me no like this woman. She.... too much man". He was assuming that she, being one of the few females here, has enjoyed the company of many soldiers.
  • I prefer to be uncomfortably hot than uncomfortably cold.
  • In Iraq, the phrase, "same same, feeky feeky" can be used to quench most disagreements, with both parties erupting in laughter....or at least when I use it.
  • Should you ever be inclined for "discreet, M4M, no-strings-attached fun" you need only inspect the interior walls of any one of the many portable restrooms in the army's living areas for detailed contact info.

1 comment:

Terry said...

The National Science Foundation announced the following study results on U.S. military recreation preferences:
1. Sport of choice for Marines: bowling.
2. Sport of choice for Sailors: football.
3. Sport of choice for Soldiers: baseball.
4. Sport of choice for Coast Guardsmen: tennis.
5. Sport of choice for Airmen: golf.
Notice how the farther down the list you go, the smaller their balls get.